Ruth Lee Body Recovery Training Manikin
A pre-established protocol is essential for victim retrieval – the body recovery manikin was predominately designed to aid Police dive teams train to recover bodies from any inland waters or under the ice.
The manikin is a variant of the popular Water Rescue manikin – but instead of floating, it sinks. By balancing the buoyancy against the ballast the manikin weighs 50kg on land but only 10kg underwater.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Anatomically correct weight distribution allows for realistic body ‘bagging’ as part of training exercises.
- This manikin will easily withstand a fall of 5 – 6 meters into the water with no damage – they are tough!
- Constructed using a H/D reinforced Nylon mesh for the carcass and non-absorbent closed-cell foam for buoyancy – mesh allows water to flood into the body to allow it to sink and out as it is being recovered.
- Mesh allows for ventilation when the manikin is hung up to dry – a polypropylene loop to the back of the carcass allows the manikin to be lowered into position or hung up to dry.
- The addition of a realistic face and a wig enables easier/quicker identification of the body in poor viability when the search is by touch only.
- Polyethylene strips running from the shoulders to the knees allow flexibility but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using stretchers or recovery devices.
- Replaceable coveralls and boots are easily replaceable and greatly extend the life of the manikin
- Nylon mesh – conforms to BS3408/20
- Reinforced P.V.C – conforms to BS3408/20 and ISO 7854 1984
- High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg)
- Polypropylene plastic (conforms to DIN EN ISO 1873, Teil 1)
- Non-absorbent closed cell foam – water absorption : 1 Day < 0.1 (DIN 53428 1986) 28 Days < 0.5% VOL
- Supplied complete with a protective overall constructed in tough Polyester (conforms to BS EN ISO 15025:2002) – the same material used in Police ballistic/stab vests.
- Made in the UK – all manikins conform strictly to our ISO9001:2015 standards.
WHO USES THEM?
- Regularly exported to rescue professionals in 26 countries worldwide, with the USA, Australia, and Germany being our biggest markets UK Fire Services
- Police forces throughout the world.
- USCG (United States Coastguard)
- Brisbane Water Police
- State Emergency Services – Australia
- Surf Life Saving Club WA
|Name||Code||Height (m)||Weight (kg)||NATO Stock No|