About Ruth Lee Ltd.
Founded over 30 years ago in the Kensington area of Liverpool. Ruth Lee have been design and manufacturing rescue training manikins from their factory in North Wales for over 30 years and are the only ISO 9001:2008 accredited manufacturer of rescue training manikins within Europe, so you can be assured that you will be ordering a manikin whose quality is second to none.
The Duty Range of training dummies are our most popular models for common rescue scenarios such as working at height, confined space, USAR, RTA etc as well as general handling exercises but we can now supply a range of manikins to suit any training scenario.
Tecsen Technologies have been partner with Ruth Lee since year 2009 in Malaysia.
Do browse the following products from Ruth Lee and do not hesitate to contact us.
Ruth Lee Man Overboard Training Manikin
MAN OVERBOARD TRAINING MANIKINS
NATO STOCK NUMBER 6910-99-1519652
It is vital that effective MOB drills are conducted frequently with regular crew members on all vessels – these manikins have proven to be a vital tool in achieving that.
The secret to the performance of this manikin is the balance between the weighting and the buoyancy – the tough Nylon mesh carcass allows the water to penetrate rapidly and after a few minutes the legs will drop below the surface, resting at an angle of about 45 degrees with just the head and shoulders visable above the surface.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- This model can float horizontally or vertically to simulate a live person or dead body – it takes seconds to move the foam pieces in the overalls to achieve this.
- A polypropylene loop to the back allows the manikin to be lowered into position or hung up to dry.
- Bright orange overalls and SOLAS reflective tape on the head make the manikins very conspicuous in open water.
- Polyethylene strips allow flexibility in and out of the water but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using stretchers or recovery devices like a Jason’s Cradle.
- Protective overalls and boots are user replaceable and greatly extend the life of the manikin
- Nylon mesh – conforms to BS3408/20
- Reinforced P.V.C – conforms to BS3408/20 and ISO 7854 1984
- High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg)
- SOLUS reflective tape – compliant with US Department of Transportation specification USCG 46 CFR, section 164.018 and International Maritime Organisation (IMO) resolution A.658(16).
- Polypropylene plastic (conforms to DIN EN ISO 1873, Teil 1)
- Non-absorbent closed cell foam – water absorption : 1 Day < 0.1 (DIN 53428 1986) 28 Days < 0.5% VOL
- Made in the UK – all manikins conform strictly to our ISO9001:2008 standards.
|Name||Code||Height (m)||Weight (kg)||NATO Stock No|
WHO USES THEM?
- 100% of the UK Fire Services
- Emergency service professionals around the world – we regularly export to 26 countries with the USA, Australia and Germany being our biggest markets.
- MOD – these are the only water rescue manikins specified by the British Ministry of Defence – NATO stock number 6910-99-1519652
- British Navy
- US Navy
- New York Fire Dept
- Defence Fire Risk Management Organisation – DFRMO
- RNLI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution)
- Yachting clubs
- Fishing industry
- Passenger ferries & shipping
- Offshore industry
- Inland water rescue teams
- Utility companies
- Norwegian Army
- Exxon Mobile
- United States Coastguard
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- Swedish Sea Rescue Society
- Aberdeen Harbour Board
- Adventure Scotland
- Airservices Australia
- Australian Department of Defence
- Australian Helicopters
- Australian Maritime Services
- Australian Volunteers Coastguard
- Brisbane Water Police
- CHC Helicopters
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Region
- Marine Rescue
- NSW Rural Fire Service
- Port of Portland Pty Ltd
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- State Emergecy Service
- Surf Life Saving Club
- Toll Remote Logistics – Helicopters
- Torres Pilots Pty Ltd
- Victoria Sate Emergency Service
- Volunteer Marine Rescue
- Malaysia Fire & Rescue Department (BOMBA)
- Malaysia Civil Defence
- Singapore Civil Defence
- Singapore Changi Airport Academy
- Portuguese Navy
- Brazillian Navy
Size: 314 KB Version: 2017
Size: 3.3 MB Version: 2017