Tritech Starfish Side Scan Sonar – 452F
Tritech Starfish High-Frequency Side Scan Sonar (Shallow Water).The StarFish range has gained worldwide recognition as the most compact, affordable, towed side scan sonars for the professional underwater survey industry. The full-body, three-fin, hydrodynamic design of the StarFish systems challenge the common cylindrical or torpedo-shape of traditional side scan sonars. The unique shape of the StarFish systems dramatically improves the stability of the sonar and consequently the quality of the images it produces. Furthermore, the advanced digital CHIRP (Compressed High Intensity Radar Pulse) acoustic techniques used by StarFish systems offer better range resolution compared to conventional, fixed-frequency side scan sonars.
Building on the success of the original StarFish 450F, the StarFish 452F sonar has twice the image resolution when compared to the 450F model and continues to offer the wide range imaging capability of 100m per channel (200m total swathe coverage). The sonar uses a mid-band 450kHz CHIRP transmission to offer the greatest combination of ranging capability and image resolution from a single frequency system. The 452F stystem also has an inline connector to allow the cable to be swapped or replaced on site. Existing owners of StarFish 450F & 450H systems can upgrade to the StarFish 452F, should they desire higher definition sonar imagery.
- High-frequency sonar for higher definition
- Easily transportable, fits in a small rucksack
- Plug & Play, ease of use with USB interface to any Windows™ PC
- Ease of integration, Software Development Kit available
- Smallest towfish side scan sonar systems available
- Full-body, three-fin, hydrodynamic design, to improves stability, when flying through the water
- Easily powered from almost any source
- Simple, intuitive software
- Law Enforcement/ Homeland Security
- Wreck Location/ Archaeology Survey
- Dive Clubs
- Academic Research
Size: 542 KB Version: 2016